A photographer needs a camera. But which one will work best for what you hope to achieve? And how about all of those software and app options that will help take your photos to the next level, and keep your business organized and efficient. And then there are the scanners, printers and photobooks that’ll take your photos off the screen and put them into the hands of you and your clients. Across the board, there are an overwhelming number of options. Finding the right ones can make your head spin!
Well, the good news is that the tools don’t matter nearly as much as the photographer. What really makes for great photos is you! But you still need some equipment to get you there, so check out these articles to help make gear, software and printing decisions a little simpler!
- Why The Canon 6D Is A Groundbreaking New Camera
- Film Photography Crash Course
- Sony NEX Field Test: One Month In Buenos Aires
- 3 Tips For Creative Control With The NEX
- The Camera Buying Guide
- The Portrait and Wedding Photographers Tool Kit // Part 2 : Camera Selection
- The Power In Your Pocket
- Why You Should Learn about 4×5 Large Format Photography
- Secret Weapon: The Fuji Instax
- The Portrait and Wedding Photographers Tool Kit // Part 1 : Lens Selection
- Tilt Shift Photography: An Introduction
- Tilt Shift Photography: Using A Tilt Shift Lens
- Gear Review: Lensbaby Composer
- The Best $10 You Can Spend On Your Business
- 11 Overlooked Photography Accessories
- Easy Color Management: A Review of the NEC PA271W Display
- Why You Need A Wacom Tablet
- $1 Deals for Photographers
If you’re looking to learn how to take control over your camera, check out our tutorial Extremely Essential Camera Skills. It mixes text, video, illustrations and sample photos to help you get confident with your camera, super fast!
Software & Apps
- Software Review: Lightroom 4
- 5 Free Productivity Boosters For Photographers
- Review: Carbonmade Online Portfolios
- How Google Earth Makes Location Scouting 28.5x Better
- Relaxing Sounds To Help You Focus
- Software Review: PhotoMechanic
- Software Review: Autoloader
- Software Review: BusyCal
- Software Review: Storyboard
Need some help finding your way around Lightroom? Check out our tutorial, Super Photo Editing Skills, which uses video to show you how to navigate Lightroom 4, easily. Awesome!
Albums, Printers & Scanners
- Album Review: Moleskine+MILK’s Photo Book Plus
- Album Review: Blurb Proline Album
- Printer Review: Epson Artisan 730: Perfect Family Printer
- Scanner Review: Paperless Organization For Photographers: Neatworks + Fuji Scansnap S1300
- Vision Art – Our Favourite Album Company
Looking to sharpen your album design skills? Check out our tutorial, Awesome Album Design Skills, which uses videos and handy guides to teach you all you need to know to create beautiful albums in InDesign.