We were lucky enough to have a good friend pick us up an iPad on her vacation to the States and I thought I would do a quick video sharing how we’re already using it.
If you’re viewing that video in HD my apologies for the interference pattern on the screen. I assure you the iPad display is crisp and bright!
Obviously this is still a very raw product. There aren’t a ton of apps out yet, though over the next year I’m certain we’ll see a ton of incredibly indispensable ones come out.
Right now we’re using it primarily for
- E-mail: Checking / organizing / simple responses
- RSS viewer w/NewsRack – A great way to digest information without getting distracted by the internet
- Reading the news (various agencies have their own apps – NYT, BBC, WSJ, Reuters, Guardian Eyewitness)
- Twitter / Facebook
- Notes w/Evernote
- ToDo list w/Things
- Sharing photos/videos with friends / family
- Watching Vimeo!
- Having fun! (check out Beatwave!)
This device is the beginning of a whole new way of looking at business and life management. While it isn’t (or rather it’s apps aren’t) totally optimized for the cloud yet, it’s only a matter of time.