and get booked for thousands of dollars at a time…
– Stuart Holden Photography
“How can I make a living doing what I love?”
As photographers, the question is always on our minds.
Ten years ago, when my husband and I fell in love with photography, we asked ourselves the same thing. We knew it was tough to make it as photographers. So we turned to wedding photography, thinking it would let us create beautiful photos and get by financially.
…We shot 30 weddings in our very first year!
But at the end of the season, we were exhausted. And we weren’t making nearly as much money as we needed to cover the time we were putting in. We were on the path to burnout, fast. Something had to change.
After many long nights of brainstorming, and years of trial and error, we did it. We came up with a system that let us shoot half as many weddings and make SIGNIFICANTLY more money.
We had energy again, and security too. We had the wedding know-how and business skills to finally feel like pros. And, best of all, shooting beautiful photography was FUN again!
So what was our secret?
The first is Storytelling. Think about this: the bride has been dreaming about this day her entire life. What if you could capture every moment and all the details …and arrange them so that she could relive her story in beautiful photography anytime she wanted?
She would cherish that forever.
The second is Client Experience. Imagine the kind of service you’d get at a five-star hotel. Think of all the subtleties that make it awesome. When your service is super easy and thoroughly enjoyable, your clients will gladly pay you top dollar for it.
These two concepts (when done right) can get you thousands of dollars per wedding.
And I can teach you exactly how to do it.
Simple Wedding Photography will transform your business:
So you want to know what Simple Wedding Photography can do for you? Let’s take a look at how you’ll be running your business once you’ve read this book.
Imagine meeting with your clients for the first time. You’re one of three potential photographers the couple’s considering, and you’re not taking chances.
You know how to choose the perfect meeting space and structure the meeting – your opening lines, when to pull out your prices and products, how to end on the right note. And you know what matters to them, and how to show them you can deliver that without turning into a pushy salesperson.
By the end of the meeting, your clients are confident that you’re invested in them and their story. They trust you with their big day. You’ve given them exactly what they want and more.
You get the job. The Client Experience has just begun.
The couple books you and you do a fun engagement session with them before the wedding. You want them to feel natural around you on the big day, so this shoot gives them a little practice. You know exactly what to say to help them relax in front of the camera.
They have a great time and you get some amazing shots. They think you’re awesome and now they’re primed for the big day. Just like you wanted.
You send them a few teaser images from the shoot that are the perfect size for sharing online. The images find their way to Facebook, and their friends are so impressed, they start inquiring with you about their own weddings. Plus, the couple love the photos so much, they take you up on that great product you’ve just added to your line – a custom photo guestbook.
With one little shoot, you’ve made your job easier, increased your couple’s order size, and booked meetings with two other couples. And you knew exactly how to get it done.
The Wedding Day comes along and you’re completely prepared. Plus, you’re super excited because you KNOW you’re going to rock it!
By this time, you’ve met with your clients again to nail down specific details about the big day. You know exactly how it’ll play out. Plus, you have a complete game plan. You’re confident and you’re ready. Let’s go…
Imagine the bride getting her hair done. Getting her makeup done. Putting on her dress. Think about it: this is a ritual she’s been waiting for her entire life. Consider how valuable these moments are for her. You can’t afford to miss them!
And you won’t. Because you’re ready. You know precisely which details you need to photograph, and how to deal with the tricky light coming from the mix of windows and overhead lamps.
When the groom gets ready, you’re there to capture that too. You’ve become an integral part of the wedding. And you do it tastefully and without getting in the way.
Picture this: the bride comes down the aisle, glowing in her white dress. You have to be ready to get a great shot of her and of the groom’s expression as he sees her. It’s the most technically challenging part of the day. If you’re not ready, you’ll miss some of the most important shots on your list. But you’ve prepared for this.
You know exactly where to stand to photograph them both. You know what lenses you need and what settings to use – there’s no time to lose!
You capture her big smile as she enters the room, and turn in time to get a shot of the groom with a silent teardrop rolling down his cheek. Perfect.
The rest of the ceremony goes off without a hitch. You’ve studied your cheatsheet that tells you where to be to get all of the key shots. You’ve coached your couple in advance, so that they know to do things like hold their first kiss long enough for you to capture it.
This could have been chaos. But with your careful preparation and know-how, you got the shots you needed, no problem!
After the ceremony, it’s time for formals. Now, the idea of having to wrangle scores of people, get great photos of them, and keep it all on schedule, it can be daunting. But you know how to run this session like a pro.
You know what order to call people in so that things move quickly and smoothly. You even know when to bring the bride’s grandparents into the shot, so that they don’t have to stand too long. That wins you serious bonus points.
Plus, you know what to say to get people laughing and get into position quickly. And through it all, you’re taking beautiful, sharp photos – because you know what settings you need and where to set up for the best shot.
You’re calm and you’re organized. And you even have some strategies to bring out some REAL smiles. As a sweet bonus, you’re so in control, you have the time to catch Grandpa mentioning “You look beautiful” to the bride as groups are switching.
You finish Family Formals and now it’s time to photograph the couple with the wedding party. These are some of the most important people in the couple’s life. You simply can’t mess up and forget to capture the groom with his brother, or to stumble through the posing and end up with awkward-looking photos of the bride and her best friend.
But you’re not going to do that. Because you have a shot list of all of the essential wedding party photos you need (and fun extras, if there’s time!). And you’re equipped with a set of simple, classic poses that’ll make sure everyone looks their best.
You’re on top of things here, and know when to send the wedding party away so that you can get beautiful images of the couple by themselves. You’ve chosen a location that gives you the kind of variety you need, and you’ve done your homework so you know what poses are going to work best for your bride and groom. You’re going to nail this.
Your last photography and storytelling challenge is the reception.
You’ve been shooting for hours by this point, and you’ve gone through handfuls of memory cards. But you’re not worried. You knew exactly how many cards to bring – you’re doing fine.
You survey the lighting situation – it’s dim and yellow – but you know what to handle it. You’ve done your homework, and know where to be and when to capture all of those great moments – speeches, games, the first dance.
It’s been a long day and you’re getting tired, but your shot list keeps you on track – you aren’t going to miss a thing. And when it comes time to head home, neither you nor the couple need to worry about the money. You knew how to take care of it. You can head home, resting easy.
As you leave the hotel, you hear the photographer from the wedding in the hall next door talking to a security guard. Her camera bag – with all of her memory cards – has been stolen. You feel for her – if only she was like you and knew what simple precautions to take.
You’re going to have one last meeting with your clients where you deliver all the finished products they ordered from you – the storytelling wedding album, all the digital files. Now’s your chance to increase the size of their order.
If you don’t know how to set the scene, and how to sell, you’re not going to succeed. But you know all those great sales tips. And it pays off. Your couple leaves with more awesome products, and you take home an extra $500, $1000, $2000.
A week later, referrals come flooding in. The couple has been praising your personal style, and passing around your awesome products. Suddenly, you’re booking out fast. There’s enough demand that you can increase your prices. Your business is finally taking off. This is only the beginning!
I can show you how to do this and more! All in one place…
If you want one place to learn how to shoot beautiful wedding photography and the business behind it, this eBook is for you.
book your first wedding!
Want to enter the wedding business, but don’t know where to start? No problem!
I’ll guide you through setting up your own business – from budgeting to branding and everything in between! I’ll show you what products you need to be able to show your potential clients, and how to get them. You’ll even learn about setting your prices and how to present them so that the couple books the package you want them to.
I’ll tell you what gear is absolutely essential and what can wait until later. And I’ll show you where to get that gear, for less. We started by renting, and it helped us turn a real profit. Remember, the gear doesn’t create great photography – the photographer does.
We’re going to go through this step by step. And, if you choose, you can quickly grow your business from there!
Simple Wedding Photography will teach you to run all your interactions like a pro. Let’s take one of the most important money-making meetings you’ll have with your clients:
The Initial Consult determines if you get booked and for how much. Remember the story above – how you’ll show them that you understand what matters to them? You’ll do that by asking a specific set of questions (I’ll give you a list). See, this meeting isn’t about you. It’s about the client. About finding out what they want and showing them how you can help them get it.
When you make yourself valuable to your client, they’re more likely to book you and pay accordingly.
Of course, once you get booked you’ve gotta deliver. And Simple Wedding Photography goes deep into how to do that.
Look, one of the best ways to market yourself is to deliver dazzling finished products and an unforgettable Client Experience. You already know I’ll teach you how to do this. But listen, wedding photography is also about relationships. And if you work to make your clients happy, they’ll praise you every chance they get.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn simple ways to get new clients, without just relying on word of mouth. They require almost no money – most are free! It’s going to be easy to get new clients…once you know how!
- The 4 must-have lenses to get you started in wedding photography, and where to get them for less.
- The accessories you need to get through the day, right down to the amount of memory card space you should have.
- The 6 kinds of photos you need to take to create an album that sells.
- Simple composition tips for stand-out photos that clients love.
- How to prep your clients for the engagement session (down to what to wear!) and turn them into naturals in front of the camera. This makes your job on wedding day so much easier.
- 7 popular, profitable products you can create from the engagement photos.
- A checklist of ALL the things to look for when location scouting – PLUS when to start scouting and what time to scout at. You’ll never struggle to get variety again!
- Why you need to attend the wedding rehearsal PLUS exactly what to do while you’re there. This is going to save your loads of stress come wedding day!
- A must-have night-before checklist that makes preparing for the big day a breeze!
- How to shoot every step of a wedding beautifully – getting ready, the ceremony, family formals, portraits, the reception and MORE! Get detailed information on what to bring, key shots, posing, subject interaction and more!
- The gear you need to have to have at the ceremony, PLUS find out exactly where to stand to get the essential shots without getting in the way.
- The strategies you should be using to run fun, fast family formals – PLUS a checklist of the key shots to take, and the order to take them in.
- Posing and directing secrets that put your subjects at ease and get them looking their best! I’ll tell you exactly what I say to get subjects looking and feeling great.
- A specific plan for photographing the wedding party – PLUS the 8 types of photos you need to take.
- 15+ simple wedding party and couples poses for you to steal!
- Exactly how to shoot the reception to have a fantastic end-of-wedding story.
- The one thing you can’t afford NOT to do as SOON AS you get home from the wedding.
- How to get started even if you’ve never shot a wedding. Learn how to get experience, attract clients, and more.
- Learn the steps to setting up a solid business – what you need to have and what you can get by without. Get the lowdown on contracts, accountants, portfolios, social media and more.
- How to book your very first wedding and what your TOP goal needs to be.
- Big tips on budgeting to keep you afloat when wedding season is over.
- How to set profitable prices PLUS the most common pricing mistakes.
- 6 printed products to offer PLUS my tips for choosing products that sell.
- How to bundle your services and products into wedding packages. PLUS get tips on how to get your client to choose the package you want them to. Get booked for thousands of dollars per wedding!
- Learn about ‘a la carte‘ pricing – what it is, how to do it, and what you should be offering on the side.
- Tips to take the anxiety out of selling.
- Everything you need to know about getting paid – getting deposits, setting payment deadlines, popular payment methods and more.
- The steps you need to take to make sure you aren’t negotiating extra hours – or tracking down your final payment – on the dance floor.
- Theft happens, and you can’t afford to lose your files. Learn how to keep your gear safe on the big day.
- Tips on developing a great brand that runs through every element of your business. Set your business apart, without breaking the bank.
- 5 core (inexpensive!) marketing strategies that attract the kind of clients you want – super-important but often overlooked!
- Detailed walk throughs of every client meeting you need to have. You’ll never wondering when to meet or what to say!
- The 5 things you MUST do at the pre-wedding meeting.
- Tips on how to increase your chance of getting booked, how to get booked for more money, and what to do when a client cancels.
- What people aren’t telling you about destination weddings.
- The little extras that turn clients into repeat customers.
- Miscommunication is the source of most client-photographer problems. Get tons of tips for managing expectations!
- Tips on hiring (and being) a second shooter, outsourcing work, overcoming shyness, finding inspiration and trends!
- And more!
I know it can be scary, buying a book you’ve never seen. That’s why we offer a 60-day money-back guarantee! Try Simple Wedding Photography for a full 60-DAYS, and if you aren’t confident that you can shoot beautiful wedding photography and build a real business making thousands of dollars per wedding, you’ll get 100% of your money back. Just email me directly at email@example.com and I will personally refund your money. No questions asked. And you keep the book. I’m confident that you’re going to get so much out of this!
This is an actual wedding album I sold to real clients. We would sell just the album alone for $1,500 – $2,500 — and our clients would happily pay it! I’m including it because I want you to see how a full story plays out in a real album. And I’m also including my personal video commentary explaining every element so you can see just how to put one together yourself.
With your copy of Simple Wedding Photography, you’ll also get 5 bonus worksheets – 9 pages in total!
- Wedding Day Worksheet – The exact questions to ask your clients to be fully prepared for the big day
- Wedding Prep Checklist – Check off what to do and what to pack the night before the wedding day so you can sleep relaxed and be ready to go the next day
- Wedding Day Shot List – A full list of all the must-have images for creating a full story your clients will love
- Post-Wedding Report Card – Do a quick review of your own work after each wedding for fast improvement
- Brand Identity Worksheet – Use this to easily create a message that gets you the type of customers you want
This multi-media tutorial gives you everything you need to know about photographing weddings and the business behind it. Here’s what comes with your copy:
- A beautiful 201-page PDF eBook that you’ll want to keep coming back to.
- Over 100 original photos so you can see all of the concepts in action.
- Tips and checklists galore. These are going to make it so much easier to stay organized!
- Easy-to-understand language that’s fun! Reading your copy will make you feel like you’re chatting over coffee with your photographer friend (that’s me!).
- Unique internet browser-like navigation makes it easy to find your way around when you want to review.
- SWEET BONUS #1: You’ll also get a download of a real wedding album I sold to clients, with my personal video commentary explaining how you can put together a great album! (A $45 value – FREE!)
- SWEET BONUS #2: You’ll also get 5 super-helpful worksheets – a gear checklist, a wedding day shot list, a brand identity development worksheet and more! (A $40 value – FREE!)
You’ll get all of that, and in just one weekend you’ll have wedding photography superpowers. You’ll feel confident that you can photograph every part of a wedding beautifully, and back it up with business savvy. You’re going to learn so much!
This tutorial comes in digital download format (a zip file). The eBook and bonus worksheets are .pdf files that can be easily viewed on your PC, Mac or iPad. The bonus video commentary comes as a .mov file that will play on a Mac or PC. Once they’re on your computer, all of the files can be viewed offline, anytime. And they’re yours to keep – forever! Re-read and re-watch them as many times as you like, so you can be sure the information really sticks.
Let’s be clear: shooting weddings is hard work. But if you’re passionate about photography, and you do it right, it’s also a lot of fun and very profitable.
When we first started, we made the mistake of working super hard at the WRONG things and it almost burned us out. It took us years of real-life trial and error to learn this stuff. But once we started creating real value for our clients, we were able take on a smaller workload and make significantly more money. Then we were able to take trips around the world, and have amazing experiences. And that’s the kind of life we wanted to live!
Now you can skip the learning curve (and all the mistakes) and start taking the right steps from day one. You’ll gain the pride and confidence knowing you’re shooting beautiful photography — and making great money doing it!
What kind of life do YOU want to live? What would you do with $3,000 to $10,000 dollars in your pocket after shooting a wedding? What kind of experiences would you LOVE to have? What cool stuff do you want to buy?
And what kind of opportunities and experiences will you miss out on if you just sit back, and never act on your dreams?
…HERE’S THE GAME PLAN:
Get my eBook, read it, and take lots of notes. Visualize exactly how you’ll run your business and then go for it! Just start taking small steps. Small steps are key. You’ll get to where you want to be faster.
Wishing you fantastic results,
- Lauren Lim
P.S.Remember, when you buy Simple Wedding Photography, you get a full 60-day money back guarantee so there is zero risk for you. If you don’t think its awesome and completely worth it, just let me know. I’ll give you a full refund, no questions, no hard feelings. And you keep the eBook and bonuses. That’s how confident I am in this book. Get it now and live the kind of life you’ve always wanted!
CLICK “Get it now!” TO DOWNLOAD SIMPLE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY AND ALL THE BONUSES NOW
Lauren Lim is the author of Simple Wedding Photography and co-founder of Photography Concentrate. She has photographed weddings around the world, in places like India, Mexico, and the Caribbean. On her blog, she reaches more than 100,000 visitors every month. Lauren has also written 6 other popular photography guides, and likes donuts.