Blogging is everywhere. In the age of social media, bloggers and vloggers are at the top of the food chain. But this is not an easy position to attain. With millions of bloggers, how are you going to stand out from the masses? Well, you need to offer premium content that people enjoy. You need to use all the tools at your disposal to create engaging, smart, visual content. This means videos and images that are going to capture the attention of potential readers for your blog. Lure them in with the photos, then wow them with your informative, fun, or political blog.
For this, you are going to need a professional blogging camera. Whether you are setting off to do travel blogging, wildlife blogging, political blogging, or even cosmetic blogging, you are going to need a good camera for blogging. So, what camera do bloggers use?
We have compiled a list of the 5 best cameras for blogging that you can use to push your blog to the next level, growing your fanbase naturally with quality content. Check them out.
The 5 Best Cameras For Bloggers
First on our list of great blogging cameras is the Akaso EK7000 Action Camera. This is a fantastic unit for two reasons.
First, the price; this camera is within everyone’s budget. It doesn’t take a month of saving to put a down payment on this great model.
The second reason is the Akaso’s stunning capabilities. This is the camera for adventure bloggers. Diving, skating, paragliding, spelunking, diving with the sharks – this small-sized action camera will capture it all in beautiful 4K video. Even if you’re only blogging about everyday subjects, the Akaso will still capture powerful photos of things like food, your pets, your friends, and the leaves in the breeze. That makes the Akaso a super affordable camera for action bloggers, lifestyle bloggers, and everyone in between. It also comes with a whole package full of bells and whistles, including a remote control and some handy mounting gear.
- Records 4K HD videos
- Can record underwater up to 30m
- 2” LCD screen
- Wide-angle lens
- Ergonomic design with easy controls & functioning remote
- Useful phone application for extra usability
- 7 versatile mounting options
- Comes with batteries, waterproof case, remote control, bicycle stand, helmet mounts, clips, tethers, USB capable, protective backdoor, bandages, lens cloth
- Great Wi-Fi capabilities for easy uploading
- Each battery will record for only 90 minutes
- MicroSD cards are sold separately
When it comes to the best blog camera, Canon has you covered. The PowerShot G7 is a remarkable piece of hardware without the clutter from too many bells and whistles. This makes it a smart choice for bloggers who aren’t that tech-savvy, yet still, need a sharp camera that takes high-quality photographs and videos.
One of the blogging bonuses with the PowerShot G7 (X Mark II) is that it comes in a small package, able to be stored neatly inside your bag, purse, or even your fanny pack. It has a sensor that catches 20.1 megapixels, which is a bit more than other cameras in the same price range.
The recording isn’t 4K, its only full HD at 60p, but that’s suitable for most bloggers. This is why we recommend the G7 for lifestyle bloggers, as it can catch simple images with maximum elegance, allowing you to show off decorations around the house in perfect clarity.
- 1-megapixel sensor
- HD recording
- Wide Aperture lens
- Ergonomic and compact, small enough to squeeze into your pocket
- Selfie mode is great for lifestyle blogging
- Powerful Wi-Fi & NFC connecting capabilities for easy sharing + editing on the move
- Surprisingly smart autofocus
- 3” tilting touchscreen
- Fantastic low-light photos
- No 4K, which is unthinkable in 2020
- Viewfinder tends to be a little annoying
- Hard to fix onto small focus points
The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 is one of the most popular blogging cameras on the market. In fact, it is one of the most popular cameras – period.
The Lumix FZ80 is also the undisputed best camera for travel blogging. This is for a ton of reasons, one of which is the Lumix FZ80’s uncanny ability to capture still shots rather than video. It does still shoot in 4K video, but the focus of this camera is to take photos, and that is where it excels.
The zoom is phenomenal, allowing you to take rock-solid pictures of things in the distance, a premium feature for travel bloggers who are on safari and need to capture the monkeys in the distance. Nothing worse than a fuzzy lion lounging under some trees.
The other feature that makes the Lumix FZ80 such a great travel blogging or outdoor blogging camera is its streamlined design. The camera is exceptionally light, compact, easy to handle, and comes point-to-shoot at a price that won’t make you gasp. It even comes with a convenient USB for charging on the go. This is the ideal unit to pack into your backpack or string around your neck while on the move.
- Ergonomic & great for traveling, fits easily in one hand
- Not technical, simple to use for beginners w/ point-to-shoot ease
- Photo sharing via Panasonic Image App w/ Android & iOS
- Excellent viewfinder even in direct sunlight
- Wi-Fi capable
- Not expensive
- Snappy autofocus
- Massive 60x zoom
- Optical stabilization for solid pictures
- No AVCHD compression capabilities
- Won’t shoot cinema-quality video
- Low megapixels, only 18.1MP
The Canon EOS 70D is by far the best camera for YouTube vlogging, maybe only beaten by the newer and more expensive EOS 80D. This baby has it all, allowing you to actually track moving objects while you shoot video in Live View.
Because of the 70D’s immense wireless capabilities, the camera allows you to instantly upload videos and images. This is especially great if you plan to live vlog frequently without heavy editing.
The 70D also takes high-quality photographs, which makes it a well-rounded camera for pictures and videos, giving you the best of both worlds.
Additionally, the EOS 70D is available with a fantastic video creator kit. The kit comes included with a Rode VIDEOMIC GO mic, a 32GB SD card, and an 8-135mm lens. This is just another one of the 70D’s amazing features that tailors it for YouTube professionals, making it the best vlogging camera money can buy. But that’s not it. The Canon EOS 70D comes with three autofocus modes, top of the line wireless tech, a remote app, and an image quality that is almost unmatched with the 20.2MP CMOS sensor.
- Live View is great for vlogging
- Wireless technology is very advanced w/ Wi-Fi + Remote Control
- Three autofocus modes: AF, Zone AF, Single-Point AF
- Easy to use for non-tech savvy people
- Available with video creator kit
- ISO expandable up to 25600
- Shooting up to an outstanding 7 frames per second
- Flash built-in w/ Speedlite transmitter
- 2 megapixels
- Lightweight and compact
- High-quality facial autofocus for recording tutorials
- Not 4K capable
- Not great in low-light conditions
The EOS Rebel T6 from Canon is another great all-in-one camera that is a favorite among vloggers. The main difference between the T6 and 70D (both from Canon) is the price. For those without deep pockets, the Rebel is more affordable. This camera is a more realistic option for those who want to upgrade from taking pictures and videos with their cellphone, which is the main draw for bloggers, especially those who are starting out and don’t want to break into their savings just yet.
The T6 is still a fantastic camera despite its lower price tag. It comes included with Wi-Fi and NFC capabilities for immediate uploading and sharing of photos, directly onto your laptop or smartphone for quick edits and then uploads. The controls are easy to use, the quality of the images is fabulous with vivid colors and sharp details, and the “food” mode is an absolute must for foodie bloggers, lifestyle bloggers, and travel bloggers.
- Special “food” mode for blogging
- Superior connectivity via Wi-Fi & NFC
- Menu is clear and easily legible, not intimidating to newbies
- Highly customizable for great photographs
- Comes as a complete kit: three lenses, 48GB SD card, UV filter kit, flash, tripod, and more.
- One of the best cameras for beginners
- Very affordable
- Solid battery life for extended shooting
- High-quality images & HD video
- Plastic housing may break if you drop it
- No 4K video
All these cameras are great for blogging, it just depends exactly which breed of blogging you’ll be doing. Will you be at the beach, underwater, traveling the globe, or just taking photos around the neighborhood?
These are the primary decisions to consider when picking out the camera for you. Some other things to consider are aspects like the aperture, the megapixels, video capabilities, portrait mode – do you need effects like slow motion or burst shots? Will you be shooting at night, during the day, or both?
Budget is another thing to consider. It might be worth it to settle for a cheaper model until you are more comfortable with the features, or until your blog is generating more revenue.
For the basics of photo-snapping, all the models suggested here are good blogging cameras. They’ll get the job done and satisfy your readers. The best part about these cameras is that you get to play with your artistic style while showing off your blogging skills.