Creative Block Happens. But it Doesn’t Have to Stick Around!
Have you ever been out, taking photos, and got a huge rush of excitement and energy because what you were shooting was just so insanely awesome that you wanted to shout from the rooftops “Photography is the BEST. THING. EVER!”
Of course you have. We’ve all felt that way – it’s that feeling that makes us photographers. Lovers of the camera. Hunters of rad light.
But creative block happens, and it sucks. A lot.
If you’ve experienced the highs, you’ve probably also experienced the lows that come with any creative process. There’s the frustration of creative block, when you are stuck and can’t find inspiration. Or the bummed-out lack of energy you feel when you just keep doing the same thing, over and over. Your photos seem dull and lifeless. They look just like everyone else’s. The excitement is gone. Should you just hang up your camera for good?
NO! NEVER DO THAT. You just need some fresh ideas, and a new way of looking at the world!
See, we’ve been in that sucky, creative block place. Tons of times. It’s normal. And while it’s nice to know that others experience the same thing, it’s still hard to find ways to overcome it.
But we’ve got an idea…
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Big Ideas: This book is packed with big ideas that you can start implementing NOW! Follow them as written, or using them as a starting point for a big idea of your own!
- Variations:: Variations provide a twist on the main idea. They give you even more options and help you see how to transform a big idea into something totally new.
- Inspiration + Exploration:We’ll introduce you to photographers and artists whose work is bound to inspire you!
- Field Trips: Throughout the book, you’ll find field trips designed to get you out into the world, in search of your next great photo. Grab a snack and hit the road!
- And more! Expect lots of other goodies, like adventure-themed illustrations, example shots and inspirational quotes that get you thinking.