Being a successful wedding photographer requires a unique set of skills that go above and beyond being able to take awesome photos.
You have to have the know-how and the gear to navigate all kinds of conditions, like raucous groups, direct sunlight, dark ballrooms and rain. You’ve got to offer up an awesome client experience and incredible products. And somewhere between navigating the workflow each wedding requires, you’ve got to find time to market your brand. Phew!
Fortunately, it’s totally doable. Put the time into learning and practicing and you’ll gain the skills you need to succeed. Woot! Here are some articles to help you along the way!
- The Photographer’s Wedding Day Gear Kit
- The Portrait And Wedding Photographer’s Tool Kit // Part 1: Lens Selection
- The Portrait And Wedding Photographer’s ToolKit // Part 2: Camera Selection
- A Super Simple Way To Get Great Light With Your Flash
- How To Set Up A Simple Photo Booth
Other Gear & Essential Prep
- The Photographer’s Wedding Day Essentials Kit
- Why You Should Always Attend The Wedding Rehearsal
- A Photographer’s Guide To Shooting In The Rain
- How To Shoot As A Photography Team Without Going Crazy
- 50 Step Wedding Photography Workflow
- An Easy And Complete Editing Workflow For Weddings And Portraits
- Workflow & Productivity Guide
- Free Workflow Chart
- How To Create A Simple Client Database
- 7 Simple Ways To Market Your Wedding Photography Business
- Referral Programs: An Easy, Affordable and Effective Marketing Plan
Want more insight into how to market your wedding photography business? Check out our freebie, 7 Simple Ways To Market Your Wedding Photography Business. That’s right, it’s free! Woo!
- 12 Reasons Why Albums Will Rock Your Business
- Review: Blurb Proline Album
- Vision Art – Our Favourite Album Company
Looking to give album design a try, but not sure where to start? Check out Awesome Album Design Skills, a video tutorial that’ll show you how to make beautiful albums, simply, using Adobe In Design.
- 10 Most Difficult Things About Being A Wedding Photographer
- 10 Best Things About Being A Wedding Photographer
Want more information on weddings? Check out Simple Wedding Photography, an e-book packed with tons of information, like how to book a wedding and offer up an experience that’s profitable for you and awesome for you clients, right down to the lenses you’ll need for each part of the day.