If you’re just getting into photography, or just starting a photography business, way to go! The months ahead are going to be full of excitement and learning.
To give you a head start, we’ve compiled all of the articles that we wish we had had when we were starting to get serious about photography, and when we were starting our business.
- The Camera Buying Guide
- What’s In Our Camera Bag
- Film Photograph Crash Course
- Tilt Shift Photography: An Introduction
- 11 Overlooked Photography Accessories
- $1 Deals for Photographers
- How To Make Your Photos Magical
- The Awesome Light Hiding Outside
- The Awesome Light Hiding In Your Home
- 5 Simple Tips For Shooting Gorgeous Portraits Indoors
- 10 Ways To Become A Better Photographer By Tomorrow
- 9 Good Habits For Better Photos
- 4 Tips For Photographing People Laughing
- Bit By Bit: An Easy Way To Get Great Composition
- The Jedi Knight’s Guide To Photography
- The Science Of Facial Expressions And How It Improves Your Photography
- Shoot First, Ask Questions Later
- The Secret Of Awesome Location Scouting
- How To Improve Even In Your Down Time
- The Secret Way To Learn Photography Better
- What You Can Learn In Front Of The Lens
Looking for more information to beef up your shooting skills? Check out Extremely Essential Camera Skills, a multi-media tutorial designed to help you get control over camera and creative with your photography. Awesome!
- 54 Reasons Why YOU Should Be A Photographer
- 26 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Starting My Photography Business – Part 1
- 26 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Starting My Photography Business – Part 2
- An Open Apology To New Photographers
- What Are You So Afraid Of?
- Hundreds Of Thousands Of Crappy Photos
- The Dangerous Myths Of Talent Plus Gear
- Do Something Scary. It Will Be Awesome.
Putting yourself out there as a photographer is tough, especially if you’re shy. But not to worry: you’ll get there! Get a head start on feeling more confident with our free e-book, The Shy Photographer’s Guide. Woo!
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Shooting RAW
- Photoshop vs. Lightroom: The Epic Battle
- How To Make Your Own Presets in Lightroom
- 12 Essential Lightroom Shortcuts to Speed Up Your Workflow
- 15 Snazzy Lightroom Before and Afters
Totally overwhelmed by the thought of working with Lightroom? Check out Super Photo Editing Skills, a video tutorial that’ll teach you everything you need to know to make your photos shine. In just one day!
Business & Workflow
- Should You Convert To DNG?
- How To Help Your Clients Prepare For Great Photos
- A Surprisingly Easy Way To Handle Client Workflow
- Free Workflow Chart
- Rescuing Deleted Files Aka. What Happened To Us Yesterday
- The Best $10 You Can Spend On Your Business
- 5 Free Productivity Boosters for Photographers
- The Secrets of Successful Photography Blogging: How To Make It Worth Your Time
- Better Photography Marketing By Communicating Benefits
Want to give album design a try, but not sure where to start? Check out Awesome Album Design Skills, a video tutorial that’ll show you how to make beautiful albums, simply, using Adobe In Design.